Ethos & Values
We recognise our special historic foundation and will preserve and develop its Christian character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England. This will also be enhanced and supported by the strong partnerships that we enjoy with the Church of St Lawrence Ardeley and the Diocese of St Albans. We will do everything we can to serve our children and the school community as a whole by providing an inclusive education of the highest quality within the context of our Christian faith and practice. Our school will encourage an understanding of the meaning and the significance of the Christian faith, promoting its values throughout the learning and caring experiences that we offer to all of our children.
Love and Compassion
Respect and Reverence
To deliver our ethos and values we have the following:
Every child is special and unique. At Ardeley, this means:
- We will help our children to feel safe, happy, confident, secure and inspired.
- We will develop an understanding of the difference between right and wrong, and a sense of personal responsibility within the school and wider community.
- We are committed to high expectations in both work and behaviour and aim to provide equal and appropriate opportunities for every child to develop.
- We will respect others and the world in which we live; we will encourage positive attitudes towards the contributions of all races, beliefs, abilities and gender; we will nurture social skills and a sense of co-operation and partnership between all members of the school and wider community.
- We will promote Christian and British values and an awareness of spiritual issues and personal belief, without imposing any religious or cultural system on our pupils. We will nurture open minds with the ability to listen carefully, question critically and argue rationally.
- We will strive to provide a broad, but balanced curriculum that explores knowledge, encourages creativity, develops independence and establishes skills for life-long learning.
- We will safeguard every child’s opportunities to succeed regardless of learning needs, disability, religion, gender, culture or social background
We will ensure that the school is an integral part of our village and church community.